View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #19
Dervish
Multi-dimensional avatar

Loom is interesting primarily because of one of the strongest storylines and use of atmosphere that I've ever seen in an adventure game, and a very unique interface. It takes an hour or so to complete, but nonetheless, I find myself coming back to this game every few months. And what other game came equipped with an audio drama (the voice actors of which later returned for the CD-ROM "talkie" version)?

I'm really surprised that someone else hasn't tried to copy this idea of using music to weave spells for a book or a game.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope nobody, save Brian Moriarty, is planning to create sequel - be it an amateur or present-day Lucasarts (*shudder*).
True enough ... but with LEC holding the rights to it, I doubt BM will ever touch it. Although, I would be nice if he ever came forward and told us a little about what he was planning for sequels (something that other designers have done for unfinished series).

I wouldn't mind a prequel, though. Something taking place during the golden age of the Weaver guild ... sort of like what KOTOR is to Star Wars.