View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #183
Not A Speck Of Cereal
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I'm interested in these movies that are coming out either this fall or Christmas:

1. I am Legend: I have never seen the original I am Legend with Vincent Price, or even The Omega Man with Charleston Heston, but this honestly looks like it will be a very intense Science-Fiction Horror movie, and despite the negative reactions on the teaser trailer that I just read earlier, the movie does look creepy so far. Plus, it has the potential to be a hit with Will Smith's fans, which I am part of.
I read the book first, then saw the film and liked both. It's a story with great with potential for a great modern film (the last one is getting pretty long in the tooth). But Will Smith and (non-comedic) scifi don't wash for me. I, Robot did not work (again, for me). I keep on thinking he'll pull out a Men In Black blaster out.

Quote:
2. The Invasion: Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman both together in a 2007 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
What, again? Okay, the last remake had room for improvement.

Quote:
3. The Golden Compass: This looks really intriguing, almost like a Chronicles of Narnia type Fantasy film.
Hmm, Craig and Kidman again.

I just saw her last night in Dead Calm (a film I've seen in full before, but caught 20 minutes of it channel surfing before bed). I read today that this was her US debut (and you can tell how she worked on her accent since this film). She was stunning.

Quote:
4. The Water Horse-Legend of the Deep: I have a feeling that this is going to be a new version of E.T. for anyone who hasn't seen that famous film. Other than that, it looks like it will be a cute family film, and I like the way the Water Horse creature looks when he becomes fully grown.
Looks good. This looks like it will be quite different than E.T. though, more mythological, and not set in a modern Southern California suburb. Which is good.