View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
ozzie

I think the two game sountracks which I like the most is the one from Evil Twin, the weird, dark Jump 'n Run from Ubisoft, and Outcast, an action-adventure with a Bruce-Willis-alike as player character in an alien world.

The first one has some really great melodies. I especially love it how the compositions build up, how one instrument comes in after another.
Outcast has a bombastic soundtrack, recorded with an orchestra and choirs. It's hard for me to describe music, especially in a non-native language, so I just say I recommend both.
Outcast is also a great game by itself, so if you haven't played by now, you should. And if the game is too easy for you and you want that the bullets fly faster: you can change it in the ini files.
I loved and hated Evil Twin at the same time, so I don't recommend it. It's a deeply broken game.
Well, I don't know if you can find the soundtracks online. I don't think so. But both games are definately cheap by now and worth for the soundtrack alone.
With Outcast, the songs are as audio tracks on the second CD.
Evil Twin has them stored as MP3s.

Edit: Oh, for specific one: the title tune of Discworld 2, "That's death", and the one in the piano bar of Discworld Noir. And Rush of Dreamfall, of course. I think it was worth buying this game alone just for discovering that track.
Montreaux Study from GK3 is also very beautiful, and sad.

You can find Rush here and Montreaux Study there.
That's death should also be somewhere on the web.