View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #21594
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
My laptop has been doing the same thing. I think mine's overheating as well but at times after it had been off all evening and was completely cool, it would still freeze and shut off unexpectedly. I recently found out (after figuring out what the flashing thing in the front was) that my battery had completely lost its charge (even though I always have it plugged in) and wouldn't charge itself back. I bought a new battery but haven't put it in yet to see if that helps. Perhaps the battery going kerfluey may be related to overheating.

You should never leave the battery plugged in all the time. To maintain proper functioning, you sometimes have to allow it to decharge properly and completely, otherwise it will gradually be able to store less and less energy.

Also, for mobile phone batteries, even if you are not using them, you should never leave them uncharged for too long. If you don't charge them for too long, they will one day no longer be able to hold charge. Same might also be for laptop batteries.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!