View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 AM   #23
jacog
Kung Fu Code Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
What kind of question is that? Do you really think anyone would choose not to play an adventure game because of the program it was made with? That makes about as much sense as only playing games where the graphics are made in Photoshop, refusing to play any that are drawn in Paint Shop Pro.
You silly person. It happens more often than you think... for example, on this very forum, in Chit Chat, Three Questions Thread... SnorkleCat asked "Have you played Trumgottist's game, Frasse and the Peas of Kejick" to which SSH replied "Nope. I adhere solely to the true path of AGSity..." ... and he meant it too, ask him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie View Post
I think it would actually benefit AGS if people were turning away from it because of one reason or other. There'd be competition and for the game engine projects that would be a good thing - I also think that it's a shame other engines don't have so many games released even when they'd have great potential. But people seem to be content with AGS so there's probably nothing too much wrong with it, for them at least - I would never use AGS in its current stage.

Having tested many of the engines available, I'm also slightly baffled at those who proclaim AGS the greatest of them all (especially the one who proclaimed that all other engines should just stop development) without having tried the others, but well, maybe this is a subject I have to discuss with my therapist.
Nooo, valid point, leave your therapist out of this.

Also... to TheTwelve :: ANY monopoly is bad, even of something that produces free games. It stifles innovation and progress. You always need competition to keep the standards high.

Last edited by jacog; 07-09-2007 at 03:59 AM.