Thread: Gun Owners?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #78
Spiwak
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain View Post
Spiwak, the reason I have chosen to reply to you specifically is because I like your opinions (especially on movies, ha ha). Plus, this thread isn't all that exciting to me really, since I'm not really into guns (though I do own a few).

Anyway, I have several swords in my collection, including katanas, broadswords, and rapiers. These were designed to kill people and these types of swords have been used in wars where thousands were slaughtered, but I love military history (wars really have been instrumental in shaping the world as it is today, that's just an unfortunate fact)...so is it inhuman for me to own them?

Seen any good movies lately? Ha ha. I'll go check the Recent movies seen thread.
Hmm, hadn't thought of swords and other medieval weapons, actually. In truth, though, I don't mind a collection of swords because A) they're not nearly so destructive as more modern instruments, and B) there's a certain elegance about them in that a sword is not just an instrument of war but a lifestyle, y'know? Hard to explain, but in my opinion a sword can be beautiful (and more than likely a sword in some random guy's collection was not actually designed to kill, anyways).

But whatever, I still don't like guns. No "reality check" is going to change that.

As for the movies, I've been watching a bunch but not too many that I've felt compelled to comment on for some reason. Weird.