View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #1203
samIamsad
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I'm constantly sweating and feeling jucky
Precisely one of the reasons why I can't stand Summer (well, a lot of it) all that much myself. Clothes and body all wet, smelly, icky, yuck, yuck! Ok, sure, as long as you're allowed to just lie naked in the sun and enjoy the warmth that's cool. But modern life isn't like this, unfortunately. If your room is located underneath the roof the nightmare continues at night.

It's also the reason why I don't understand each and everybody's obsession from here to go on holidays in the South, except the attraction provided by pretty beachlines. I mean, normally there's weeks on end with really warm weather like that here too, four years ago when I was working during my semester holidays the temperature constantly reached up to 35 degrees (and more than that occasionally) for weeks. Meteorologists said it was the hottest Summer in 500 years and I swear, I wanted to take my bed down to the cellar. I just hate Summer heat interfering constantly when you don't need it at all.

I'd mostly prefer holidays in Scandinavia any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
In the summer here it's not unusual for our nighttime low temperature to be 25 celsius.
And you still live to tell? HELL! I guess you just adopt to the climate. Human nature and all.

Last edited by samIamsad; 06-11-2007 at 09:41 AM.