View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #1202
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Now I really do believe 100% in the climate change and the ozone layer disappearing.

For the past week the temperature has reached 30 celsius and gone over it in Finland. For the record, I have never had to use sun lotion in my life, but today I just had to use it for the first time ever.

Yesterday and today, my skin on my arms got burned. It's all bright red and it aches a lot, especially when I went to the shower and warm water got in touch with my arms.

If the weather keeps being too warm like it's now, everything is going to go to hell. At the moment I fear skin cancer (melanoma etc.) very, very much...
We've had the same thing. 30 celcius or more, and really hot sun. And living in Oslo, everything gets even warmer, since the sun warms the street, and the street gives out heat too. And no wind. I'm constantly sweating and feeling jucky, and even feel like I don't breath in enough air. I don't know how you handle it in warmer countries.. I'm just not "made" for warm weather. Fortunatly it's going back to normal after today. Meteorologists predict 25 c tomorrow, and stabilizing on 20 c the next days..

Any ideas how I can make the heat less unbearable? (We don't have air condition, not many in Norway do, we usually don't need one. We are keeping the door open for air, but that's not very effective..)

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery