View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #717
Christian IV
Adventure Game Researcher

Well, i am having a Wonderful time with Jade Empire, it is just an amazing game, combining elements of adventure, role playing, action and much more. I am to the last major area of the game, Dirge and really enjoyed the time in the Imperial City. I am well along with several other games including Tomb Raider Legends, which gets pretty challenging in the mid way area of the game but the settings and the game progress is quite good. I have started the new release of Tomb Raider Anniversary and there is great new areas of the Manor to explore which I really enjoy, and the game controls and texturing, etc. is fine. I have stalled a bit in my replay through Dreamfall, and may not return to it for a while but enjoyed the way that they created Old Marcuria very much, beautiful settings and scenes and weather. Have made some more progress with The Chronicles of Riddick, but the progress through the lower prision area is tough and I had to take a break before making it to the mines. I am still very impressed with the way they integrate the vids of the main charactter and the overall appearance of the game world is very nice, crisp and clear, like Doom 3. I have Return ot Mysterious Island going in the background and also Syberia I, but had to stop trying with Prince of Persia Sands of Time the full 3D game in the series, it has beautiful settings and modeling but there was one place where you have to jump the Prince up the side of a huge statue head at the very beginning of the game that was just impossible to achieve with a keyboard, at least mine. Maybe it works better on a console, but it was very frustrating and I almost wore out my fingers and totally wore out my patience trying. As I am playing on GameTap, i cannot use Save Game Files to get by that spot so I had to reluctantly give up. I may contact the company to see if there is some fault with that area because it was just impossible with the way they were requiring the player to do it. Again, at least for me. I have Oblivion going with some new body replacer mods by Exnem which are superb, his Eye Candy mods and they make a HUGE difference in the NPC and main character appearence and his team of associates and he have done full mods for all the clothing in the game and added some so that is a nice breakthrough for me. I have the Nine add ons loaded and just started on one of them, which looks like a lot of fun. I was in Bruma and really enjoying things I got sent there for a brief stay in the correctinal facilities for trying a lock pick on a neighbor's house in Skingrad, I have a nice house there.....and was just curious as to why there was no one home ever, but an eagle eyed guard was NOT pleased so from the prision i accepted a nice note from a Countess to look for an artifact for her....and so the adventure continues. I am spending some time learning the controls in OB more carefully which makes a difference in how immersive it can be, and am enjoying it.

I have DIG and Kyrandia II on deep background but am saving them for a rainly day, likewise Monkey Island III, I got stumped on one of the puzzles in town in that one, and I think I forgot to pick something up I needed earlier in the game so was lazy and shelved it for a while.

I do have Neverwinter Nights 2 loaded and tried several times to get comfortable with the controls, the second session I got fartehr along, but still have a lot of trouble using the Driving POV, when I try to look around, the camera loses lock and I am messed up, so I cant really move well in that game yet. Anyone have special tips they might lure me back because I see the game world in that one looks quite nice and I would like to be able to enjoy and enter the story.

I have a long term project of studying some of the online game worlds, and have done some work in Anarchy Online, Funcom, which has some nice aspects but also some rather limited texturing and detailing in the game world....and I am a regular player on URU Live Online via GameTap. I have considered trying their Age of Conan but not signed up yet, as it is still in beta and the game from the NDA provisions you have to sign seems not to be stable enough yet for me to risk my main systems. Likewise the new on line Lord of the Rings which is in early days. I looked at Silk Road but they were having major problems with bots and a melt down of the player community. Eve and WOW do not interest me though I know they both have their good points. So that is it for now, it will be a busy summer. Oh, yes, I am also playing through some of the Star Wars games, Jedi Academy I am enjoying and plan to look at KOTR soon, it looks great.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs