View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #23
Simo Sakari Aaltonen
Banned User

I absolutely love what was in the video! It is fresh, invigorating, and offers endless possibilities.

My take on the consistency issue is that people who want consistency, in order not to be jarred out of the flow of the game, want to be lulled, calmed, and mesmerised. Nothing wrong with that, but my impression is that you are looking to stimulate. I definitely feel that the multiple styles achieve the latter better.

I really feel you should not try to compete with software houses who have a dozen graphic artists working round the clock on nothing but the graphics. Your totally unique strength involves variety, individuality, flexibility, and freedom. There is enormous appeal in never knowing what the next screen will hold, in terms of not only content but style as well.

Maybe the single factor on which you should base the decision whether to keep the multiple graphic styles or go for a single one is: which will you be able to have more fun with? Given that you will be giving years of your life to this endeavour, please make sure you do not turn the project into a burden.

Chances are that if you have fun with it, the kind of audience you wish to reach will also enjoy it. But bottom line, whatever you choose, I will be happy to pay good money to play Les miserables.

Simo Sakari Aaltonen
(simoadventurecompanion.com)

www.adventurecompanion.com