View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:59 AM   #22
Enter the Story
I turn novels into games

I really appreciate the support guys. Saying such nice things about my humble efforts!

Five minutes ago I just received some news that may change everything. The first samples of music arrived from the main composer for the game. It's powerful stuff. I am blown away. You guys can't hear it yet (sorry! Spoilers and all that) but it's... wow... I've got it on loop as I type. It's really deep, powerful, eternal, layered, memorable stuff.

The new music would fit a minimalist art style. Or put another way, anything that is less than perfectly polished would sound wrong next to this music. I'm thinking in particular of the "death of Eponine" animation that took me over a week to complete. It's frankly embarassing next to the sublime music that I'm listening to right now. I am strongly favoring the minimalist approach at this point. The new music is REALLY good.

There's another thread on adventuregamers about innovation in adventure games. Brothers and sisters, if I can pull this one off (a big "if", and it will be a LOT of work) then you ain't seen nothin yet.