View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #82
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
I personally do not enjoy RTS'es on the consoles. FPS'es, I have come to live with (though I still prefer the accuracy of a mouse especially in multi-player), but I have tried C&C 3 demo on the 360, and though the interface is admirable, I can't see myself using it especially in the hectic action of that game in the later levels. I have actually read reviews (EGM is one of them) where the reviewers complain how it becomes much more difficult in the later levels without the ease of a mouse.
Yeah, I'm not sure if console RTS games are quite there yet, but there's no reason to believe they never will be. In my opinion, Halo Wars stands a good chance of coming up with the best control scheme to date - it's being developed for the Xbox 360 only (so it doesn't have to compromise because there's no mouse and keyboard support to bring it down), Ensemble are a very experienced RTS developer and Microsoft will put an awful lot of money behind it.

And then there are games like Pikmin, Batallion Wars and Overlord (and, to lesser extent, Goblin Commander) that cherish the RTS flavor unique to consoles and their controls already work fine.