View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
We're pleased to announce a new addition to our moderating staff today. Now, in trying to decide the next candidate for the mod squad, we reviewed the usual criteria list: a mature attitude, an evident sense of responsibility, a desire to help others and keep things running smoothly, plus a general playfulness and friendliness to tie it all together. In a bizarre twist of fate, however, the list suddenly included a hand-scribbled addition at the end, saying simply: "wears loud shirts". Hmmm. I'm positive that was never there before, but I must say, it it made the selection a WHOLE lot easier.
As my first actual use of the moderating tools I've taken the duplicate it (emboldened in this pre-edit quote) out of your first paragraph. No need to thank me. Just doing my job.
Quote:
And so we welcome stepurhan into the fold, having pitched him the idea by emphasizing the tremendous respect and admiration the job brings. He will, of course, soon learn that when we said "respect and admiration", what we really meant was "hassles and headaches". But now's not the time to quibble over semantics.
Why quibble over antivirus software?

Oops, sorry. Misread that.

Quote:
I should also mention that there is no truth to the rumour that stepurhan will be required to moderate entirely in sonnet, though we wouldn't actually bet against him doing it.
I would. I know I make it look effortless but that stuff isn't easy you know.

Quote:
Unfortunately, as one emerges, another departs, so we bid adieu to Kurufinwe today, too. Kurufinwe stepped in at a time we really needed him, and we're grateful for all his efforts. But now he claims the job has crushed his spirit and driven him to a life of booze, drugs, and debauchery... no, wait, that's me! Um, yeah, apparently it's just time for him to focus his attention and energy onto other personal endeavours, so we wish him all the best, and remind him that he'll always be welcome at AG.
Fortunately I am confident that modding will not drive me to such a life (that's pretty much what I do already. )

Sorry to see you step down Kurufinwe (Possibly more sorry than I realise when I really get down to modding properly) Hope to keep seeing you around the forums.

Quote:
So, please join me in wecoming stepurhan aboard, and bidding a fond farewell-but-not-goodbye to Kurufinwe!
Aw, shucks. (Hey you missed the "l" out of "welcoming". Modding assignment number two coming up, )
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree