View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
hunts

Hi, It actually depends on what kind of tablet pc you want. Theres the "Touch" (no need for special pen) screen, the "Pen" (uses electromagnetic something) based or both. I have a Toshiba R15 It has penabled wacom screen. The Pen actually is like a mouse wherein when you point or "double point" at something it's like you are clicking with a mouse. the pen also has a "side" click which can act as a right click or left depends on your settings. Also you can hover over on the screen and to an object (again like a mouse) you can actually see the mouse pointer move. You can drag objects. The back of the stylus is used as an eraser if you are writing,drawing etc. You don't need a battery or wire on this pen because of wacom's technology.

About nautilus' pocketpc I assume that it is "touch" based like the Nintendo DS. I have a Dopod pocketpc/phone which I tried scummvm also before (It was slow) and yes lacks the left click and hover, you can however set it on other keys/buttons(the left click) but..meh. Overall I like my tablet but its kinda old and bulky but I managed to install vista on it which has great tablet pc support. You just need to upgrade the memory above 512mb to gain decent performance. So yeah I guess tablet is nice and even you're on the go, You don't have to set it down on the lap/table you can carry it around while playing point and click games. You are limited only on battery or the extension of the cord

-first post

Last edited by hunts; 06-01-2007 at 02:40 PM.