View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #311
MdaG
Master of time and space

Command and Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars
as GDI on Hard (XBOX 360).

Grade: 7 / 10

Definately the best of the three taking place in the "Tiberium era". I'm knocking one point off for the story being a little unsatisfactory (compared with for example StarCraft or WarCraft 3), another point for some precision issues using the controller and the last point for the somewhat naive A.I.

I'm glad the Ion cannon FINALLY got beefed up enough to actually look and feel almost as powerful as the FMV's tries to make it look. The previous games just had an embarrassing little beam pointed at one structure. This time it looks, sounds and feels destructive.

A downside is that the Mammoth tanks are once again an unstoppable force. Most missions from mid to end game basically revolve around staying alive long enough to produce 15 - 20 Mammoth tanks and then you're unstoppable. Since Mammoth tanks can take on ALL kinds of units they're the only thing one needs to concentrate on. The ONLY unit that can stand up to the Mammoth tank is the Scrin tripod, but the AI rarely produce enough of those to stand up against a 20 units Mammoth tank rush.

Bottom point is. This game is probably superb when playing with or against friends. As a single player game it's fun enough.

I'm off to finish it on hard as NOD now

*edit*
After playing through a couple of missions as NOD I realize I've might have been too hasty pulling a grade point because of the lacking story. The NOD campaign seems to be a complement to the GDI and knowing that I reckon playing as the Scrin will put some kind of fulfillness to the story. In short I should've finished the game with all the factions before grading this game.

Me

Last edited by MdaG; 06-01-2007 at 06:51 AM.