View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 02:12 AM   #675
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Evidently Bethesda wouldn't care about you, either. What they want to do is earn the interest of intelligent gamers who want games like Oblivion and not necessarily burden themselves backtracking the history of RPGs (either because they don't have the time, money, or the rat's ass to care). And if it's at the expense of people like you then that's their prerogative. I for one am extremely happy with their decision, and that the game has received numerous accolades and awards not only from leading games media but also from those working in the games industry - and that Oblivion has sold a great number of copies - must mean Bethesda is doing something right. And evidently those industry people know something you don't. Furthermore Bethesda owe you nothing, no more than Bioware and any other company owe you nothing.
Please do not compare Bethesda with Bioware.
I also wouldnt claim a game that marks out the solution to every quest in the game with a red arrow as a game that tries to earn interest from "intelligent gamers".

And ofcourse you feel happy if you actually enjoy Oblivion for what it is. I know I am not the only RPG fan out there who do not see kindly on having Oblivion labeled a "great rpg". The fallout forum have more than plenty who share my opinion, just have a look yourself. Bethesda have so far officially defended themselves more than once in attempt to assure Fallout fans that they wont do just another Oblivion in a post-apocalypse setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
And no, I'm not a Bethesda or Oblivion fanboy, either. Oblivion is actually the first Bethesda game I've played. I would play Morrowind or others by them but to be honest I don't have the time because I prefer to make time for upcoming games like Mass Effect and Bioshock. If it's my loss then whatever. And if Bethesda or Bioware, etc. turned out crappy games after their good ones I'll simply move on instead of trolling my fingers off here like some people. There are other good games on the horizon.

Though you're entitled to your opinion, frankly I don't give an excrement because it's trolling - i.e. lousy criticism based on dogma. I for one am having too much of an incredible time with it to waste time dealing with trolls. If you're gonna go there at least be constructive about it, trolling is beneath us here if you didn't already know.

Reply however you want, you'll be wasting your time because I'm dropping this shit. Go post to a mirror instead.
Dont call it trolling, I simply repeated whats been said about Oblivion over and over again. Obliviously you took it very personal, which wasnt my intention.

Last edited by JemyM; 05-26-2007 at 02:24 AM.