View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 03:52 AM   #53
Wormsie
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacloo
I disagree. GUI's in general are better for creative purposes where you basicly create a metaphor for that purpose only (e.g a music sheet in Cubase, a canvas in Photoshop).

With WME it's just the same. For scripting, there is a nifty language for you. You can create Pacman in WME if you want. With the recent support for methods, you can write powerful functions, if you want to.

But for *designing* purposes, WME offers a toolset to create a scene, tweak animations, and setup script <-> scene node relations. There are only drawbacks NOT having those GUI based tools.

Having said that, as a tool developer you have to make sure the workflow is okay, because if you have a crappy GUI, you are better of scripting in (which is not the case with WME )
You are absolutely correct. I go hang myself now. I just happen to like it more that everything, or at least as much as reasonable, is script controlled. It makes more sense to me than to open a thousand wizards and press a hundred buttons.

I do agree that I was quite harsh on WME. Some of my opinions have changed since then and some haven't. But as I'm not able to argue without making an ass of myself, I rather shut up from now on.

I'll go create some metaphors for some purposes now. Only.