View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
chapter11studios
Dread Pirate

Quote:
Cliffhangers, other than being extremely annoying for the player/reader/viewer/what-have-you as they wait for the next installment, seem like a cheap marketing tactic that forces people to buy the remainder of your product.
Well, my product will be completely free, so it's not about that! I guess it's a matter of taste. I want each episode to flow directly into the other, so that when played as a single unit it will feel seamless. If the episodes don't directly lead into each other it will, in my opinion, cheapen the game as a whole.

Quote:
Still, it's your game, and you should release it however you like, but bear in mind that advertising cliffhanger endings as a game feature might end up turning some people off.
Well, in the end I'm trying to make the kind of game that means something to me personally. I hope that doesn't mean frustrating people or turning them off from the game altogether, but I have to stay true to my vision of the story in order for it to be something I'm truly proud of.

Anyway, thanks for your input. I hope you'll at least download the first episode when it's ready and see for yourself!