View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
chapter11studios
Dread Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
I was just wondering about Rise the other day when I noticed a new game was featured in Adventure Architect (II). Will AAI ever get finished?
Yes. Adventure Gamers will soon be publishing the 14th (and final) installment of my Adventure Architect series -- "soon" meaning "when I write it," which will be sometime in the next month or so.

As for Rise of the Hidden Sun, that is indeed a new website! And here's some background on the game itself:

Premise

Arizona, 1869. An ancient Indian legend, a mysterious secret society, and a down-on-his-luck cowboy with a knack for finding trouble are about to cross paths in Rise of the Hidden Sun, a new point 'n' click comedy adventure game in development by Chapter 11 Studios.

With nothing to his name but his wits, his six-shooter, and a tattered old treasure map, 'Rattlesnake' Jake Dawson needs you to help him win the greatest treasure hunt the Wild West has ever seen -- because the very fate of Western Civilization is at stake, and Jake isn't the only one on the hunt...

Who is the deadly outlaw Mary Jane Clayton, and why has she devoted her life to finding a legendary lost city of gold? What is the mythical Hidden Sun, and why will a murderous secret brotherhood stop at nothing to get it? And perhaps most importantly of all, is Jake willing to sacrifice everything to stop them from succeeding?

When completed, Rise of the Hidden Sun will feature:

- A simple Sierra-style point 'n' click interface
- More than 100 beautifully illustrated game screens
- A full musical score and sound effects
- Thrills! Chills! Spills! Laughs?
- An engaging story told in four downloadable episodes

Screenshots

Character Sprites

Progress

The story of Rise of the Hidden Sun will be told over the course of four episodes. The first three will feature cliffhanger endings that flow into the grand finale of episode four. Work on episode one is nearly complete:

Story: 100%
Puzzles: 100%
Dialogue: 100%
Game Screens: 100%
Music: 100%
Sound Effects: 20%
Animation: 10%
Scripting: 10%

More information

You can see more screenshots, download a free poster or desktop wallpaper, get monthly progress reports, and learn about the Rise of the Hidden Sun design team at our new website, http://www.rattlesnakejake.com