View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #2520
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
The story is a compromise between Sam Raimi (who wanted to do Sandman) and Avi Arad (who insisted on having Venom), and it shows. The Sandman story is so truncated it barely makes sense, while Venom is handled like an afterthought. Their team-up was the epitome of comic-book cheese, which turned out to be the movie's saving grace.

Obviously, it should have been two movies, one with the Sandman and Green Goblin Jr. (and possibly introducing Eddie Brock and Gwen Stacy), and one with Venom and whatever other Spider-Man villain hasn't been used yet. That way they could have had more time for JJJ, who is the real reason anyone watches these movies.

It's fairly well documeted that Sam Raimi doesn't like the Venom character and never wanted to pu him in any of the films.

As for future villians, They have certainly cameoed Doc Conners aka "The Lizard" in the last 2 movies so I see him as the next logical bad guy.

Although there is a rumour going about of Morlan being the next villain with probaby a whol new cast and director.