View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 AM   #2516
Bobske
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacog View Post
Eeek hell no.. don't compare Spiderman 3 to X-Men 3... X3 must have been the most awful superhero movie sequel next to Batman & Robin and Superman IV.
Ok, I take it back! I agree, X3 was much worse than Spidey 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacog View Post
People complain ther film was too long... I say screw 'em all with teir limited attention spans... give me a longer film with a more fleshed out story. - Not filler, mind you.
Again, I agree with you! People also complained that Batman Begins and Dead Man's Chest were too long!

I believe that the "normal" movie runtime should be around 2 hours. If you need to cram a whole lot of story in 2 hours, make the movie 2,5 hours (or longer)! If people can't hold their attention for more than 2 hours than they should watch the movie on DVD in two sessions.

Movies like Pieces of April (around 80 mins) that are shorter also don't bother me. If the story is finished and the movie doesn't feel rushed, I'm ok with it!

But please, don't skip story moments because the studio wants the movie to be shorter so they can show it more times a day...

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire suffers from "a-hell!-cut-it-out-we-don't-need-to-show-the-world-cup-just-show-the-beginning-and-cut-to-the-end" euh thingy. I can't believe how much was cut from the original story. Please make it two films! Everybody is going to see it anyway!

Hmmm, done ranting...