View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:37 AM   #2514
jacog
Kung Fu Code Poet

Eeek hell no.. don't compare Spiderman 3 to X-Men 3... X3 must have been the most awful superhero movie sequel next to Batman & Robin and Superman IV.

Saw Spider hyphen Man 3 on Friday, and while I did enjoy the second film more, 3 was not a bad film at all. Hardly dark though, with plenty of comedy moments and teen-ish angst in it. The villains were downplayed a bit though, and I'd have liked them to have more of a motive to be villainous than "we hate Spider-man". Sandman turned out to be far less cheesy than I thought he'd end up being, and he was a more interesting character than Eddie Brock/Venom turned out to be.

I have some gripes with some of the pseudo-science in the film though... ie, the dude falls into a "demolecularisation machine", with a bunch of rather careless scientists conducting some experiment... you don't know what they are doing, why they are there, and then you never see them again.

People complain ther film was too long... I say screw 'em all with teir limited attention spans... give me a longer film with a more fleshed out story. - Not filler, mind you.

Either way ... it was a decent, enjoyable film. Gets a thumbs up from me.