View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 04:54 AM   #18952
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
We could have hired a nurse to write it for him, as he dictated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Div..._the_Butterfly

Sadly, given the book was so difficult for him to write, the translation is very poor. They've got the title wrong for a start. Scaphandre is Diving Suit the intended image being his mind (the butterfly) being trapped in his body, a humanoid form it can't move (the diving suit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
Oi, get back in your wheelchair Hawking!
But he want's to fly. (as already done to death. I hate how quickly this thing moves on)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
In which an aircraft flies to altitude, then nose dives toward the planet. In such a case, you're not really weightless, you realise, but the fact that the aircraft is falling as fast as you are lends to that illusion. Also, air and objects inside the aircraft are stationary in relation to the aircraft, and the aircraft is stationary in relation to the passenger, and thus there is no sense of falling.
I knew that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Thank you Squinky for the nod on the Avatar. Daddy's proud you even know who it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Pops, I approve of the new avatar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Oh, and as Squinky said, the new avatar is so you. The cat from Outland isn't it?
Squinky just nodded. I was the one who new who it was (but I am old so that probably doesn't count )
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree