View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #2471
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Spider-man
and
Spider-man 2

The first one was okay, it didn't blow me away, but it was kinda entertaining.
I've seen a lot of the spider-man animated series which used to air on Fox Kids, so I'm quite familiar with the plots, so I tended to think it was extremely predictable. 7/10

The second movie though, is horrible. First of all he spends almost the whole movie without his mask, showing his face to everyone, and anyone.
The CG seems worse than the first, and the dialogue is just stupid. Extremely clichéd, and repetitive (who says "nevermore"?), with lods of moralistic "tips"..
I also think the directing is severely lacking, and the weight of the movie has been put in all the wrong places. (I'm also don't understand the point of the continuous revelations of his identity either, at the end, who doesn't know who he is?)

Ended up giving it 4/10, and I'm being kind.
It's not often I so strongly disagree with the popular opinion, I almost feel like I watched a completely different movie.

Spider-man 3 just seems stupid by now, after those trailers, I don't see any need to see the film. Even without a fore-hand knowledge of the black spider, the trailers make it extremely easy to guess the entire story. And interestingly enough, it looks like the cg (based on the trailers, especially the first, with the, ugh, American flag) is even worse than the two previous, which is kinda mind-boggling, since they've had the biggest budget ever on this new one.
Definitively not going to watch it on cinema..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery