View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

But regardless of the operating system you're using -- are the games DOS versions or Windows versions? (Did you install using install.exe or setup.exe? If it was install.exe it's a DOS version, and if it's setup.exe it's Windows.)

If you're using DOS versions, try running them under VDMSound - I've had a lot of luck with that.

The Larry problem sounds like a timing bug. Try turning detail all the way down and speed all the way up (or possibly the other way around -- detail all the way up and speed all the way down, I forget -- but I think it's the first ). If that doesn't do it, you might try a slowdown program like MoSlo or Turbo (or use DosBox to slow down your CPU). Also check out Al Lowe's page and see if any of the things he mentions sounds like what's happening to you. And definitely download the patch - that might fix it.

For Space Quest, it'd help if you could describe the bug in more detail. Also Sierra has what appears to be a patch for SQ1 here, but I don't know exactly what it is.