View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #1018
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Thanks Bulldog.
My flowerbeds are mainly soil right now since what I did was to remove a lot of old plants which had tons of weed roots in them. Now I've dug deep and replaced the soil with fresh soil without any weeds. I'll plant some flowers when the temperature allows it.

But something completely different happened today that has upset me enormously.
I was sitting on the front side of our house in the afternoon sun, reading and relaxing. Jaffa was at my feet.
Suddenly she runs out on the street and start barking at two dogs that were passing with their elderly owner that I chat with almost daily. A nice old man who owns two (elderly) dogs which he uses or used, I'm not sure, for hunting.
For the record, these dogs have always behaved aggressively towards Jaffa. Barking their heads off and pulling their leashes to reach her. Jaffa has never been able to get to know them. Lately I've discovered that she, now a grown up dog, really hates them and she growls when she sees them.
The thing is she didn't only bark at them, she tried to bite one of them several times, but luckily she didn't harm it. After about 10-15 seconds I got contact with my dog and she walked away with me yelling at her.
I asked the owner of the dogs to check if they were hurt and it turned out they weren't.

What upset me so much is that Jaffa reacted aggressively. I've never seen her like that before. And as much as I understand that she wanted to tell those old barking dogs off when they were close to her turf, I don't like that she actually attacked.

Well, that's about it.