View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #41
Trumgottist
Game Creator Hobbyist

Yes, I have two downloads available. Some people dislike installers and they appreciate having a straight zip-file without the installer, and it makes life easier for those using WinE, who get problems with installers. The installer makes life easier for everyone else and is a smaller download due to better compression.

And here is the relevant part of the installer script, in case you're interested in the details. It should be easy to understand even if you're unfamiliar with NSI. (Recall that saved games always end up together with the .slg file.)

Code:
  SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"

File Frasse.exe
  File Bass.dll
  File Frasse.ico
  File Readme.rtf

SetOutPath "$APPDATA\Frasse and the Peas of Kejick"

File Frasse.slg
  File Frasse.ini

!insertmacro MUI_STARTMENU_WRITE_BEGIN Application

;Create shortcuts
    CreateDirectory "$SMPROGRAMS\$STARTMENU_FOLDER"
    CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\$STARTMENU_FOLDER\Frasse and the Peas of Kejick.lnk" "$INSTDIR\Frasse.exe" "$APPDATA\Frasse and the Peas of Kejick\Frasse.slg" "$INSTDIR\Frasse.ico"
    CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\$STARTMENU_FOLDER\Read Me.lnk" "$INSTDIR\Readme.rtf"
    CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\$STARTMENU_FOLDER\Advanced settings.lnk" "$APPDATA\Frasse and the Peas of Kejick\Frasse.ini"
    CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\$STARTMENU_FOLDER\Trumgottist on the Web.lnk" "http://www.trumgottist.com/"
    CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\$STARTMENU_FOLDER\Uninstall.lnk" "$INSTDIR\Uninstall.exe"

!insertmacro MUI_STARTMENU_WRITE_END