View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #17877
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
I like the one with the purple and blue eyes in the first picture

Ah, that's Faen. The mismatched eyes run in her clan. They redid the chapters, so I have to find a nice picture of her yet. They only just got to her in the recent chapter remakes (this is also the first appearance of Naal'Suul in the chapter remakes, but she appeared in the later chapters a lot, while Faen doesn't, as she has fled to the surface world.)

I might use her as my avatar in the future too.

The other girl, putting her hand on Naal's shoulder is Chrystel, by the way. She's a daughter of the ruling clan, hence the crown. She, Naal'Suul and Kiel'Ndia are friends. They're all tainted, though Naal'Suul was not tainted intentionally it was an accident, as you can read). Her clan has the "Val" prefix, which indicates that the members of the clan usually don't receive a taint. Faen's clan is also a "Val" clan. Chrystel's (the ruling clan) and Kiel'Ndia's clan are both "Vel" clans, which means the members intentionally receive a demonic taint. Chrystel also has red eyes. That's a side effect of becoming tainted by a demon seed.

Originally the ruling clan did not taint their members. But the daughters of the queen got themselves tainted when that process first started to be practiced. They commited treason against their mother and queen, possibly killing her (that story is still being told). The queen was a first generation Drow, not having the characteristic charcoal skin, but rather brownish skin of the southern surface elves that became the Drow.

Kiel's clan was actually a group of outcasts in a way or other, all commoners. It's a whole story of how they became accepted as a noble clan, which is told in the beginning of chapter 11. It has to do with the habit of a small insane girl that has to wear a mask because otherwise she would chew on her fingers until they were bloody, and that likes dolls. She turns people into living dolls.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 04-08-2007 at 12:28 PM.