View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
Toefur
More slaw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
but when all thats over you have to pay to get the game put on cd's and boxed i'm sure that qutie a hefty fee....
No way dude, that's probably the cheapest part of the whole process. The material aspect of the game (box, cd) are all relatively cheap on their own, and when bought in bulk (I would assume Lucasarts would at least have pumped this game out in the tens of thousands, at least) the price gets cheaper and cheaper.

I just did a run of audio CD's for a CD I am releasing. For full colour printing on the CD's, jewel cases and full colour inserts in the cases it cost me about $400 for 300 (Australian dollars), that's a little over one dollar each. If I had of bought say 10,000 instead of 300, I would have gotten them for under 50 cents each.

The boxes themselves may have cost a little bit more than the CD's (for a computer game) but the material objects themselves are always the cheapest bit.

If Lucasarts DID spend 2 million already on this game it would seem a little bit silly to just throw it out the window so easily. If they've spent so much, why not spend a little bit more and at least make SOME of their money back?