Thread: RPG Alignment
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #26
TangentBlack
Vigilant

Most of Bloodline's choices are clearly good vs. evil. The factions, on the other hand, are slightly more grey in morality and what you choose to do with your reptutation within the faction then dictates whether the faction falls from grace or not.What do you really think humanity is a meter of in the game? The game assumes that it is a measure of your decency towards the NPC's. For example, if you choose not to rat out on the beach bums in New York, you gain a point of humanity. If you go as far as to help them retrieve info on Thinned Bloodies, you get two. Or you can convince a girl to pay a visit to the clinic. When she agrees, you'll lose two points of Humanity, but a return visit to the clinic will reward you with items aplenty. It is an alignment meter incognito. The only difference is that the game penalizes you severly for losing all your humanity and doesn't reward you for being human-like. The decisions are exactly like Kotor or Jade Empire; your misdeeds close doors on certain quests but also reward you with prizes ten fold what you would get if you were "good".

On a side note, you mentioned that you are a clepto when it comes to games. That brings up an interesting point that it is waaaaay to easy to steal in most games. In fact, I was playing Divine Divinity a couple days ago and stole so much that I couldn't physically move. I think that it makes the game too easy and drastically reduces the challenge in raising cash. Crime really does pay in games, kids.