Thread: Okami
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #29
No_doubtsy

Default OKAMI : a breathtaking art masterpiece

I finished this epic yesterday at 4AM with tears streaming down my face, literally. Okami is not a game, it’s a spiritual journey with the sun god.

The sheer amount of gameplay is incredible: worlds to explore, tons of characters, great story (more than 40 hours) and side quests. The world of Okami is almost as big as Final Fantasy XII. The gameplay is perfect and unique. The visuals the first time you use Bloom with the brush is surprising, you really have to see it.

I didn’t care much about Issun (your companion) at the beginning of the game because of his annoying voice but then a lot of stuff happens in the story and you really start to care about him.

I can’t believe this game was a commercial failure. People keep saying they are tired of the same rubbish getting released, they want new and fresh ideas but when it finally comes out, nobody buys it because it looks too strange. Idiots.

The game was so long, you can tell Clover Studios put a lot of work and effort in this game. There are more than 300 pages of concept art in the extras, it’s depressing that they had to close.

I’ve learn so much about Japanese myths and legends through Amaterasu, they should study this game in school, it’s better than any book.

I hope Okami will get a second chance on the Wii.