View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #20
colpet
Easily amused

I finished episode 1.
What I like: clicking on things and seeing (or hearing) clips of the characters that give you insight as to their personalities. I also like the 360 degree rotation at each node, and the details put into the background. Mephisto's voice is pure delight; I've yet to tire of "Come here, Pussycat" .
What's not so great: I'm having issues with interpreting the cursor, since a solid hand can mean use an inventory item or an action.
Spoiler:
as in placing the strainer

Also some cut scenes flash by so quickly, I need to go back to get a decent look. There isn't a really good explanation of how to look at Theodore's journal page. I went to UHS hints to find out you click at the top right hand corner of the page to read further.
So far I'm following the story ok, except for a few things.
Spoiler:
Mephisto offers the girls wealth in exchange for giving up their love interest, Hannibal. He comes to them in a dream, and at the end of the cut scene you see a 'saw-like' apparition separate the girls. I thought it was metaphorical, since they each chose differently. Apparently, they really were physically separated. The other thing was the lottery ticket in the safe. Did they gamble their savings or was the ticket left by Mephisto representing the wealth they wre promised?