Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #353
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

And you fell for it? Look up the word 'gullible'. You, as a seasoned gamer, should know by now how the media - and the publishers - work. For chrissakes, EVERY single damn game out there has, in one way or another, been whored to us as 'revolutionary, innovative, groundbreaking, etc.' . Why should you take some news article pimping Mass Effect as 'revolutionary' in light of all that?

Also, you need to examine yourself as a gamer. Your expectations as shaped/conditioned by the media, the publishers, and OTHER gamers - i.e., the culture of gaming worldwide. Your perceptions on all this as manipulated by the hardware industries intent on making more money off of you by announcing the next big, revolutionary, groundbreaking, etc. piece of hardware that will 'change the way you game forever'. Six months after they launched a similar and very expensive piece of hardware that they claimed does the same thing.

Your cynicism is exactly the by-product of what the media, publishers, hardware manufacturers, and gaming culture has made you.

As for myself, this game looks very good. Never have I personally pimped it to be 'revolutionary' or anything like that. I am, however, looking forward to it because it looks to be a very good game, in the tradition of high quality titles that Bioware has put out in the past decade.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien