View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #2252
lumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic View Post
It's absolutely terrible in this regard. I would slap a "watch only if you're 21" on it, if that, but there you go. I cringed and averted my eyes several times. But - I loved it, and I don't think the movie depicts violence for the sake of violence... they're well-placed moments of shocking reality.

I really do love the movie - I literally just saw it today (finally!), and it's quite the masterpiece (with the exception of a few unfortunately blatant plot elements, such as addressing people you see for the first time by their name, and possibly their relation/job). I would say: go watch it with someone you can bury your face into the jacket of without having to explain why.
I happened to see it earlier today, and I agree with your post except for the "terrible" violence part. It wasn't bad at all, at least compared to what I've seen in the past. And it really was a great movie; one of the best to come out in years. It was both beautiful and terrible, and it was a real fairy tale. The escapism and ambiguity of what's real are what set it apart from other movies, as does it's refusal to play it safe. It's a really moving story.

And I'd say go see it alone. That way you don't have to worry about crying.

Last edited by lumi; 03-03-2007 at 02:40 PM.