View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #2251
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe View Post
On another note, could someone tell me if I should see Pan's Labyrinth? I've heard it's somewhat gory, so I've been hesitant to see it. If it's just a few scenes and short, I think I'd be okay with it.
It's absolutely terrible in this regard. I would slap a "watch only if you're 21" on it, if that, but there you go. I cringed and averted my eyes several times. But - I loved it, and I don't think the movie depicts violence for the sake of violence... they're well-placed moments of shocking reality.

I really do love the movie - I literally just saw it today (finally!), and it's quite the masterpiece (with the exception of a few unfortunately blatant plot elements, such as addressing people you see for the first time by their name, and possibly their relation/job). I would say: go watch it with someone you can bury your face into the jacket of without having to explain why.

Dasilva summed the worst scene up pretty well.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™