Thread: Recipes Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #64
rlpw
Creepy Father Figure

I was doing my step father's taxes and while going through the files I saved off her computer I came across some baking recipes that my mother had stored and used (to my delight) I for one am a decent cook but a terrible baker so I thought I would share these with the AG community. Please enjoy them.

Peaches and Cream Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding (small)
4 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1-cup water
½ cup sugar
1 large can sliced peaches
3 T. peach juice
12 oz. cream cheese softened

Drain peaches well. Mix cake mix, pudding, water, oil and eggs. Spread into a 9x13 cake pan. Place peaches in a single layer on top of cake batter in the pan.
Mix sugar, peach juice and cream cheese until speadable and spread evenly over peaches and cake batter.
Bake @350 for 35 minutes (may take longer)

Kolaches

2 pkg dry yeast
½ c. sugar divided
2 c. warm milk 110 to115 degrees
4 c. all purpose flour
4 egg yokes
1 tsp. Salt
¼ c. butter or margarine
2 c. canned filling (prune, poppy seed, cherry or lemon)
1 egg white beaten

Dissolve yeast in warm milk with 1T. Sugar. In large mixing bowl combine 2 c. flour, egg yokes, salt butter yeast mixture and remaining sugar. Mix until smooth. Add remaining flour to form stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size. Punch down and let rise again. Roll out to ½ inch thick and cut with a biscuit cutter and place on a greased cookie sheet and let rise until double. Place an indent in each one and fill with filling. Brush with egg white and bake10 to 15 minutes at 350degrees