View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #16453
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

(Basically you just have to read my last post in this quote, but feel free to read the rest)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Quote:
Posted 02/26/07 00:12 (GMT) by Avariel600

Quote:
Posted 02/25/07 23:20 (GMT) by Jazhara7

Quote:
Posted 02/25/07 22:37 (GMT) by Joran Anduril

Yeah, giving up Casavir would be tough - I love HotU and have been wanting to boot it up again, but darn it if I haven't gotten really attached to the NWN2 companions.

I especially love Casavir because he's the first paladin character (that I've encountered in a CRPG anyway) who isn't a buffoonish caricature. Anomen was so obnoxious, and while Keldorn was cool IMO, he was pretty hellfire and brimstone, too. And then of course Aribeth being a "fallen paladin," which is sort of the flip cliche from the self-righteous blustering of Anomen. I always roleplay paladins and think it's just lazy character development to force them into this sanctimonious wooden one-dimensional character mold, and I really appreciate that Casavir was created to be an actual human being.

Umm...hate to break it to you, but Keldorn was the only Paladin NPC in the game (and like you see, a pretty cool one. Love his and Yoshimo's Succubus song.). Anomen was never a Paladin, but a Fighter/Cleric (Could be called a Battle Cleric). He's often called a Paladin, maybe because he acts so much like the clichée Paladin, but he never was one.

Keldorn is also the only one that can use the Holy Avenger. Anomen can't.

-
Does everyone always forget that you can make him a paladin? If you convince him not to kill his family's rival when his sister dies and they're blamed, then when he goes to take his trial in the Order's headquarters, he's inducted in and made a Paladin instead of a fighter/cleric. His whole goal in the game is to become a paladin, and you can either make him one, or send him down the Chaotic Neutral path by making him partake in sweet vengeance against his sisters "killers."

But yeah, he can be a Paladin. And usually ends up being a paladin, in my games, since I can never stomach him barging into his enemy's house and killing the guy's innocent daughter for no good reason other than Moire was killed, without any proof that the guy actually did it.
No, no, no! He never becomes a Paladin. I take him through his trial every time, and he never becomes a Paladin. He couldn't become a Paladin (he wanted to), because his father wouldn't finance him. He becomes a Knight, but not a Paladin. He

I think the problem is that the Infinity Engine is not flexible enough. You can't just go and change the class of a character in the middle of the game. Only alignment is that flexible, and thus his alignment is changed either to Lawful Good, or Chaotic Neutral.

So yeah, I guess he does become a Paladin, if not really in class, but in theory. It's just not possible by the engine, as they would have to add another class to him, but in 2nd Edition AD&D, you can only have two classes maximum. But basically a Paladin is a combination of Cleric and Fighter qualities anyway. Yes, you were right Ava. [...]

-

Watch as the great Looney once again refutes her own point in an amazing battle with her own wit!

Ah, I love when I do that. Gives me a chance to laugh at my own sillyness.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!