View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #216
TangentBlack
Vigilant

I finish both MDK2 and Messiah. I have mixed opinions on both but on the whole I suppose I was entertained.

As for MDK2, the game caused me to wonder how many people enjoy scatological humor over more, say, "classier" jokes? Again and again were there puns about feces, toilets, and urine that really got old right from the get-go. The game was generally fun but I can't rightly decide how the game was an underdog "classic" on so many gamer forums. Perhaps it was because of its prequel?

Anyways, Messiah also had some interesting attributes but boy was it buggy! I had to search for numerous fan developed patches in order to get the game to run. Not only that, but the character models looked almost like a miasma of colors and shapes that morphed every so often when you moved or performed an action. I liked the Omikron-style body switching (I have always been a fan of that kind of gameplay ever since the sleeper hit Space Station Silicon Valley for the 64), even more when the bodies that I switched into varied in many categories. Bob's voice was an unexpected laugh, too. I Wish the game was put together better and I might have actually enjoyed it a lot more.