View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #2161
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Definitely watch Ghost in the Shell, the first movie. Every other GitS is between mediocre and horrible (on my rating scale, at least), so don't bother.
I watched both tv series in succession on dvd and they're excellent like that. Otherwise following the shows can be rather disjointed. Like the first movie, season two explores motoko's psyche more, and the effects of full cyberisation. I have not seen either of the 2 new sac telemovies. I didn't think a lot of Innocence.

Quote:
Cowboy Bebop. Simply the best soundtrack, like, ever. Jazz and cool bounty hunters? Hell yeah.
I watched this in succession also and it really never took. Episode after episode is thin on plot, Spike's past is just as thinly explored and then the show ends. I found it an aimless experience held together entirely by 'young boys fantasy' elements.

Battle angel Alita is worth a look. I can't recommend Gankutsuo, it has fabulous visual style but terrible writing and the worst themesong....ever.
Last Exile is another style filled anime but the plot /= sense and yet still the series is loaded with filler episodes. I'm sticking with movies from now on.