View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #42
akane_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
The problem is that people within the community keep hoping we will cling to our old ways for nostalgia's sake or something, when the point-and-click method has died for the most part. Let's just hope the DS is home to more "adventures" that build sme notoriety for story-based games (if "adventure" is meant to describe only lucas/sierra p&c games, then I'm referring to story-based games), because everyone knows that there are people out there that want them.
Why is it that people who like to play P&C adventure games are considered a problem? Why do some people jump to the conclusion that people who like to play P&C adventure games are clinging to the past "for nostalgia's" sake? I like playing P&C adventure games because I liked them. I'm not holding on to the past for the sake of nostalgia. I can't say for others but I like P&C because it helps me concentrate on the story and the game without having to think about how to control the character. It provides me the best form of interface for experiencing adventure games.

If you guys are bored by the P&C adventure games but still would like to enjoy "story-based" games, there are a lot of choices available to you already. Whether a group of gamers like playing P&C adventure games or not will not affect you in any way.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet