View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #58
Wimli

Ah Buffy! Brilliant show! Like Mark said, this show excells as far as writing is concerned. Wonderful story arcs, smart dialogues, great humor, etc. Plus, the production values were extraordinary. Not the mention the acting, allround fantastic again! It must be one of the first shows that I bought on dvd, knowing I would be rewatching it regularly.

My favourite seasons are probably the ones Mark hasn't watched yet. Season three (Faith!) and four, together with season two (Drusilla and Spike, best baddies ever) and seven are all top notch. Personally I thought season five and six were weaker for one reason only: Dawn. extremely annoying character, horrible actress.

Together with Once More, With Feeling, my alltime favourite episode is probably Hush from season four, starring these bad guys:

Very original as well, as due to a curse everybody looses their voice for most of the episode. That's right, no dialogues, no spoken word, zip, nada. Makes it kinda hard to warn anyone as those creepy guys are holding you down with the leader standing over you with a scalpel. Creepy stuff!

Angel actually was one of my favourite characters from the show, so I went out and bought the Angel seasons as well. Must say, I like them as much as Buffy! All seasons are excellent! Mark, you might want to try them. Again, good writing all around, good acting, very interesting season story lines and similarly high production values. I love the way they gave Cordelia a vital role in the Angel series where she becomes so much more than the bitch she was in the Buffy series. Plus, the return of some of the best villains of the Buffy series is a nice twist as well (especially Darla). Fred is probably my favourite character of the Angel series.