Thread: DS Adventures
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #63
HieroHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
I wasn't specifically speaking about this website (and neither, for example, Just Adventure+), as it has featured previews and reviews of several non-PC games, and Phoenix Wright is even on the Hype-o-Meter. I was just speaking about part of the "adventure" community in general that doesn't seem to acknowledge non-PC adventure games as valid entries in the genre.
It's easy to see adventure games as a genre has seen better days, so I don't understand how some games like Phoenix Wright, with an incredibly good script, great characters and a catchy soundtrack, get mostly ignored just because they're not PC games. It just seems silly. Yes the PC was and still is the main platform for the genre, but quite frankly I must say I think several of the DS adventure games I own are far superior to what I played on PC during this decade.
good point! I think the ds may actually see the revival of adventure games.. Companies are realising you have to make specific games for the ds, you cant just port over the latest xbox/playstation game.. if games like phoenix wright do well.. game companies will start to make more like it!