View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #2034
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

I must say I found this to be a thoroughly enjoyable film.

My biggest criticism though, is that I feel it relied too heavily on special effects, many of which I found myself thinking "I've seen better." You know that scene in Dr. No where James Bond is driving his Aston Martin down a road, and the camera is positioned inside the vehicle? When you look out of the rear window it is obvious that the car was filmed in a stationary position, and pre-recorded footage of the road was used. Well that is what came to mind during several scenes in this film.

Oh, and the cliffhanger ending, I hate cliff hangers, I was aware of the third movie being made, but I did not expect this.

I still love Johnny Depp though, hehe.

I found the scene where Orlando Bloom was getting whipped strangely erotic. They rip off his shirt, revealing a wet black that glistens in the rain, then you see his face wince as the captains daughter bears down upon his flesh, but I digress, hehe.

I would recommend this film, it's lighthearted fun.*

*Best enjoyed with rum, I suggest Cockspur, Barbados' finest since 1884.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena