View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #44
TangentBlack
Vigilant

It's quite peculiar that those who voted for Dreamfall equate the most disappointing game with the worst game. The two catagories are very much different. Given LJ's less-than-spectacular sequel, it isn't suprising that some of you have a bone to pick with the game. However, it seems like those who have chosen Dreamfall as their worst game of '06 want to strike back for its inequities and dub it terrible among all others.

It, which cannot be said for Al Emmo and BS4, at least corrected most of its bugs before the release date. Whatever is left of the story and gameplay of Dreamfall is tragedy in comparison to its predicessor and not because it is a bad standalone game. Remember: the Longest Journey was released in '99 and not in '06. Needless to say (or maybe it is because there are some who love to pounce the jugular when the opportunity arises), this is only a humble opinion and I would love to hear what you all have to say on the matter. Perhaps someone can refute me as to why games such as BS4 or Emmo somehow manage to escape your vote over Dreamfall and I will tip my hat to you.

The same arguement could be used to defend BS4. but honestly that game has trouble standing alone and needs the support of the last three in order to even be accepted as part of the series.

Last edited by TangentBlack; 01-09-2007 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Cor.