View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #32
Lunatik
It's just me

Quote:
On a related note, I couldn't shake the feeling that the verbal storms breaking between the characters were a bit more sophisticated than those of the previous episode, making the jokes in Situation: Comedy even more difficult to follow for the non-english speaking population. Smashing everything related to the American dream or the nation's way of life is part of the duo's job description, I know, as is the tendency to overcomplicate things during verbal communication. Still, I believe it could be turned down a bit without many cassualties on the joke department.
Very good point. Although I haven't played the game, I remember I felt exactly that while playing the original Sam & Max Hit the Road back in 1993. But, you know, Sam & Max is an American creation after all. And I'm guessing it's not just a matter of language, perhaps it's more related to culture in general. I mean, Americans would say the same about jokes in French movies being produced here in Quebec (where I live) or in France.