View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #19
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
Anyone who've played both Gears of War and Resistance? Which would you prefer? I wasn't thrilled by Gears of War, to be honest. I think it's mighty overhyped and overrated - to me it's just another shooter with fancy graphics. I fear Resistance will feel the same too, but I'm a big fan of Insomniacs work with both Spyro and Ratched and Clank.
I have both and have tried both. (Well I've finished Resistance, and finished one section in Gears)

From what I've played so far, Resistance to me is a much more fun single player experience. Like you mentioned yourself, Gears was just another shooter with fancier graphics. I'm still trying to understand what made most reviewers agree that it is the best game of the year. Besides amazing graphics, I have found it an average tactical FPS.

Resistance is also another shooter, but the weapons really make it much more fun and open a whole new dimension. Every weapon has a secondary firing option and some of them are just a joy to use. And what's cool, play the game again, and you unlock a whole new load of weapons, so it is very replayable. The problem with resistance is that it "looks" like every other shooter out there, but when you get to play for a little, it is a very unique gameplay experience.

I haven't tried multi-player yet on either so I can't judge them in that department.

Firefox rules