View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
The sleuth

Default Help: Crime/Sleuth solid titles

Hello people. Im looking for some good titles along the lines of investigation, evidence collecting and solid storyline. I've been searchin for sometime but fail to find anything which is truly decent. I've played through monkey island, loom maniac mansion (64 version) and other genres so I'm baptised I can assure you (yeah mmm).

Ok so I tried titles like Serrated scalpel, silver earrings, and they were fun to play although the story wasnt very original and there wasnt very much to do in terms of dialogue and working things out. CSI series takes you by the hand and walks you through it, very easy to solve and wont be wasting my money anymore (Crime investigation, Dark motives same thing really). Gonna have a go at Indigo coz I have yet to play that.

Recently tried Still life, but it looks like someone ran out of money there. It's a shame because that almost came close to what I wanted a game to be but it seems as if half the story is missing. Shame it was almost perfect, no such thing really.

Things like Post mortem also by microids doesnt really interest me, I'm looking for more of a crime related game. Not to menion things like Missing which are completely crap executions of a bad idea generally.

So can you reccommend something with as good a writing as Still Life, with equally skilled puzzles but with more hours gameplay? Maybe a few titles along those lines? Also no The ripper titles or things like that, something relatively recent.

Thanks in advance