View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #1986
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Lethal Weapon 3 and Lethal Weapon 4
Fun so long as all you're after is more of the same. The last one in particular felt like the pitch had been something like "Let's just wheel them all out again!".

Million Dollar Baby
I found this one much better than I was expecting (I'm generally bored by any sport-related film). It dragged in places, and large chunks of it were extremely predictable, but my overall impression was a positive one.

Mission: Impossible III M:I:III
Well... it's better than the second one, I suppose, but there's a big difference between a confusing yet complete plot (the original M:I) and one in which bits are left out (this one). What did Ethan get up to inside the big tower block? What was with not explaining the weapon(?) thing? It felt like several major scenes had just been cut for no reason. That and the film suffers from that blight of American TV of the moment - dialogue that's mumbled and thus utterly unintelligible without subtitles. Still, it was enjoyable, and I don't feel that the time spent watching it was actually wasted.

The Interpreter
Alright. Nothing special, but vaguely competent. A slightly unconvincing accent from Nicole Kidman, and parts of it were rather too obvious, but reasonably fun.

March of the Penguins
Stunning footage, preachy narration. I spent the film longing for David Attenborough.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.