View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:26 AM   #25
phankiejankie

I voted for Dreamfall and I wish more adventure titles follow this path in 2007 with 3D direct control, joypad support, modern graphics and varied gameplay plus a competitive budget relative to other game genres. I wish to adventure Santa for 2007 to fund a game that would improve on Dreamfall's much-discussed flaws (no need to point them again).

Honourable mentions are Sam n' Max: Culture Shock and Ankh. Culture Shock was great and a joy to play. It could easily get my vote but compared to the complex beast Dreamfall is that would feel like cheating. Well done Telltale waiting to download ep2 as I've bought the whole season. Dreamfall and Sam n’ Max were the primary reasons the genre experienced some positive mainstream press this year and this is a good thing in my book. Kudos to Funcom and Telltale games.

Ankh, was a big surprise for me, kinda short, but highly enjoyable in the great tongue in cheek Lucas Arts way.

That’s all. Lets hope for even better games in the future. All the best and a happy new year to all.

Games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, World of Warcraft
Music: Laurent Garnier - Restrospective, Squarepusher - Hello Everything
Movies: Terry Gilliam - Tideland