View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #33
Fairygdmther
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard View Post
Second, I am sorry for my closing statement. That tidbit was directed exclusively to the original poster. I use examples in my discussions and that example fit perfectly considering the nature of the original post.

Third, please don't put words in my mouth. I have never stated anyones opinion is not valid. Not in this thread nor any other. The first thing you learn in debating is to never discredit anothers opinion. The trick is to make them do it themselves. I was very successfull at this from grade school through college debate teams. If you can prove that I have ever discredited anyones view then I will gladly call you the winner and admit that I have "shot myself in the foot".

Lastly, you will have to parden my ignorance regarding the (sic) reference. I havn't a clue what it means. Well, I have a clue but I can't imagine anyone being this way in any thread like this.
1. Your parting shot is what negated what you said about others' opinion, whether it was to me or someone else - it says you don't value other's opinions.

2. (sic) is the proper way to quote someone who has an error that you don't want to change, to avoid a misquote. It just says that it's the quote which has the misspelling, not the person referring to the quote. If it's someone I know well, I'll just correct the spelling, but for someone I don't know well, I use the more proper form.

FGM